• 20 Interesting Cat Facts

20 Interesting Cat Facts – Part 2

Share with more cat lovers: Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on TumblrShare on Google+Email this to someone

Our feline friends are such interesting animals – it’s time for another random Cat Facts post on my blog. If you missed it, here is Cat Facts – Part 1.

20 Awesome and Random Cat Facts

    1. Hair tufts on the ears help direct sounds while filtering out dirt and insulating the ears. The name for these hair tufts is ear furnishings.
    2. Psi-traveling is the name for a cat’s home finding radar. Researchers believe they use sunlight angle or magnetized brain cells, like a compass for finding their way home.
    3. Cats meow to humans only and not to other cats. When confronted with another cat, they hiss, growl or spit.
    4. Cats, like humans, are right and left handed, preferring one paw to another. Male cats prefer the left paw while females prefer the right. With humans, 90% prefer the right hand while the other 10% prefer the left and are males.
    5. Kittens have a rapid growth rate and sleep a lot because the hormone for growth is released while sleeping.
    6. The hair count for each square inch of a cat’s body is 130,000.
    7. 5° F to 102.5° F is the normal cat body temperature. When ill, the temperature either drops below 100° F or rises over 103° F.
    8. A cat’s body has 230 bones while the bones in a human body are.
    9. Cats don’t have collarbones, so it’s easy to put their heads through different size openings.
    10. There are 32 muscles used for controlling the outer ear; humans control the ear with six. These muscles help the ears move independently of each other.
    11. Like human fingerprints, the nose of a cat has unique, patterned ridges.
    12. Cats tolerate hot temperatures of 133° F, with a good supply of water. Random Cat Facts
    13. There are seven foods you should never give cats: Grapes, Raisins, Green Tomatoes, Chocolate, Garlic, Onions, Raw Potatoes
    14. In a Gallup poll in 2007, both women and men are likely cat owners.
    15. Heartbeat in a cat is two times faster than a human’s, beating at 110-140 beats per minute.
    16. One cat pair plus offspring can produce 420,000 kittens in seven years. Another reason for spaying or neutering.
    17. Cats like grooming and spend a third of the time they are awake, cleaning. They use their tongue for cleaning their fur and removing the human scent.
    18. An adult cat has 30 permanent teeth, while kittens have 26 baby teeth, which the adult teeth replace at six months of age.
    19. The paws of a cat are multi-purpose tools, acting as sensors and temperature controls, grooming tools, and hunting weapons.
    20. Cats sweat through the paws since they lack sweat glands on the body, like humans.

Subscribe Now and Get My New Ebook For FREE!

Downlod the ebook for free

The complete guide to understanding the behavior and body language of your cat

The book describes in a fun and visual way the personality of our feline friends.

Share with more cat lovers: Share on FacebookTweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on TumblrShare on Google+Email this to someone
„Understand

No Comments

    Let me know what you think!